My name is Ivan Kurmanov. I’m 35 and I’m an experienced software and website engineer, living in Minsk, Belarus. Most of my experience is a mix of programming (primarily, web applications), consulting, system administration and team & project management. As a sole proprietor I deliver services to customers around the world. More about myself. Some of my projects. The services I offer.
Articles & pages:
- Unicode-processing issues in Perl and how to cope with it (last revision: 21 Nov 2013)
- How to remove diacritic marks from characters (last revision: 13 Fev 2005)
Some of my interests, except the obvious software development:
- software engineering and systems engineering (especially the requirements engineering)
- sustainable automated functional testing of database-centric applications
- psychology & psychotherapy
Open-source projects participation:
- Qvwm lightweight and fast window manager for X Window system
- Proper XPath/XSLT error reporting in XML::LibXSLT. The patch
- Unicode support in Interchange, an incomplete patch.
Some other old / obscure writings: